Neither the council nor any of its employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This limitation of liability applies to all damages of any kind, including direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit and claims of any third parties.
The exclusions and limitations of liability in this disclaimer do not exclude or limit the liability of the council to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or representatives.
From time to time this website may also include links to external Internet sites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). Newcastle City Council will endeavour not to link or promote businesses or organisations that:
- are defamatory, malicious, threatening, false, misleading, offensive, abusive, discriminatory, harassing, blasphemous, political or racist,
- are indecent, obscene or of a sexual nature,
- are a breach of confidentiality or someone's privacy;
- could prejudice any active legal proceedings;
- are likely to:
- cause someone alarm, anxiety or distress;
- encourage violence or racial or religious hatred;
- infringe any intellectual property rights, such as copyright and trade marks. (This means generally that you must own the rights in everything you submit or must obtain permission from the rights owner to submit the material);
- are technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software, harmful data or conduct);
- impersonate anyone else or otherwise misrepresents your identity, affiliation or status;
- encourage or teach conduct that is a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or is otherwise unlawful.
The Council reserves the right to refuse to have on it's website, or remove from it, any content or link which it considers in its absolute discretion to meet any of these criteria or to otherwise be inappropriate.