Skip to main content


This section provides information about the health professionals and services that support children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND).

Health services are often involved in the initial identification and diagnosis of children and young people’s special educational needs or disabilities.  Health professionals such as your GP, health visitor and paediatrician will help you understand the needs of your child and make sure you get the right health support.

In this Health section you will also find services for autism, learning disabilities, mental health and wellbeing, mobility and equipment, sensory impairment, speech and communication, general health, health care and specialised palliative care.

If you are a parent or carer and you are unsure about what to do with your poorly child, use our Little Orange Book to find out whether you need to consult a pharmacist or health visitor, call your GP or phone NHS 111, or dial 999 in an emergency. 

Back to top