The Additionally Resourced Provision at Benfield School is a specialised provision for Newcastle learners aged (11-19) in school Years (7-18).
We have an Additionally Resourced Provision (ARP), the Cherrywood Centre, for young people with social communication difficulties or autistic spectrum disorder.
- We use visual timetables according to need.
- We have areas of low distraction / stimulus.
- We offer support and supervision at unstructured times of the day e.g. break and lunchtime.
- We offer social skills programme/support including strategies to enhance self-esteem.
- We offer small group targeted intervention programmes to improve skills in a variety of areas including independent living skills and independent travel.
- We use of ICT to reduce barriers to learning where possible.
- We use strategies/programmes to support speech and language development.
- We offer SLCN groups to give structured and time limited interventions to vulnerable pupils.