The Newcastle Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Executive Board are consulting on their Quality Assurance Framework and Terms of Reference. Please click on the documents in the download section to find the consultation documents.
The Quality Assurance Framework has been developed to:
- ensure children and young people benefit from consistent high-quality Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
- ensure compliance with primary legislation and statutory regulations
- drive consistently high-quality practice across the local area
- improve the experiences of children and young people with SEND and their parents and carers
- improve outcomes for children and young people with SEND.
- Do you agree with the four domains described in this framework? Is there anything missing?
- Do you agree with the tiered approach to audit, including:
- The expectation that single agency audits are systematically shared?
- The proposed frequency and approach to multi-agency audit. Are there other partners that should be involved?
- The creation of a system leader case review. Initially this will involve the Chair and Vice Chair of the SEND Executive Board.
- Are there other groups of children and young people or parents and carers that we engage with and should be included in the Voice domain?
- Do you agree with the creation of a local area Quality Assurance Group, as a sub group of the SEND Executive Board?
The consultation is open until 23rd September and please return any comments to Ann.Banks@newcastle.gov.uk