The National Extention College (NEC) was set up over 50 years ago as a not-for-profit organisation to help people of all ages fit learning into their lives. We believe there should be more than one way to get a good education.
- Supporting 20,000 individual learners a year on over 100 home study courses
- providing quality open learning resources for organisations and training providers including Schools, Further Education Colleges, Local Authorities and NHS Trusts
- working with private and public sector businesses to organise training programmes that allow employees to study at convenient times with work-based learning
- helping people in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales to develop new skills
- promoting the value of distance learning by maintaining a high profile in the educational environment
Our mission is to widen learning opportunities via distance, blended and e-learning.
We aim to:
- make education and training easily accessible to everyone
- help learners to achieve their learning goals
- make learning enjoyable and an enriching experience
- continually improve services so that we are at all times accessible, responsive, efficient and professional.
For further information call our freephone number, 0800 389 2839, or visit our website: www.nec.ac.uk
Registered Charity 311454