The extraordinary life of the Venerable Bede (AD 673-735) created a rich legacy that is celebrated today at Bede's World, Jarrow, where Bede lived and worked 1300 years ago. Visit the:
- interactive Age of Bede exhibition in the stunning new museum building;
- site of the Anglo-Saxon monastery of St Paul, and medieval monastic ruins;
- herb garden;
- rare breeds of animals and recreated timber buildings on Gyrwe, the Anglo-Saxon demonstration farm;
- attractive café within historic Jarrow Hall;
- museum gift and book shop.