‘Our vision is to provide each child with the skills, self belief and drive to reach high in life. For the school to be outstanding in all it provides and for Beech Hill to be the heart and soul of the community.’
The children at Beech Hill Primary School can expect to :
- Learn in an ordered an attractive, friendly and stimulating environment.
- Be respected for their personal qualities, valued for their achievements, and acknowledged for their individual needs.
- Be encouraged to become confident, enthusiastic, self motivate and independent learners.
- Have well planned, organised and balanced learning opportunities in which high standards will be encouraged.
- Be expected to keep the school rules, show understanding and respect for others and be a worthwhile member of the school community.
Nursery Admissions policy
Nursery Applications 2018 Beech Hill Primary will deal with all Nursery admissions/applications directly. NOT through Newcastle City Council.
An application can be requested in person, online, via post or via telephone.
Children who turn 3 before 31st August will be eligible for place in Nursery starting in September. We offer a January intake for children turning 3 between September 1st and December 31st, and an Easter intake for children turning 3 between January 1st and March 31st.
All Nursery places are 15 hours per week - morning or afternoon. Applications should be completed and submitted in good time, ideally 6 months before your child is due to start Nursery.
Offer letters will be posted out. Your child's place will need to be accepted or declined. Parents can request a morning or afternoon place for their child, we will try to meet parent's requests, however this is not always possible.
All applicants that applied on time who are not initially offered a place will be kept on a waiting list. We will then contact you if a place becomes available. Please note that places on waiting lists can change as new applications are received. By law we must rank every new application fairly against the oversubscription criteria, regardless of the date it was received. Your child may therefore move up and down the list over time, so we are unable to give you any firm indication of how long it will be before we may be able to offer a place.
Late applications will be dealt with after all on-time applications have been processed and places allocated.
Over Subscription Criteria
Nursery This applies to Nursery ONLY.
When Nursery is over-subscribed we will prioritise the admission by the following criteria
- If the applicant has a sibling in school currently
- If the applicant has an EHCP and Beech Hill is the named school
- If the applicant is a Looked after child
- If the applicant is a child of an employee
- Distance from applicants home to school.
Distances are measured using the Council's electronic map measuring system in a straight line distance from a point in the centre of the home address to the centre of the school.