Information for Schools
We work with education partners across the UK to help children and young people aged 5-19 to develop self-confidence, resilience and character.
Our instructors are predominantly ex-Services personnel who now serve their communities by delivering motivational mentoring and inspiring education programmes.
Our team has unrivalled experience developed over 15 years of working with primary and secondary schools to transform lives and help young people be their best. Our work is informed by the vision and principles of our Royal Patron, HRH The Duke of Cambridge KG KT.
Our programmes complement existing education provision in the following areas:
Preparing for transition:
A number of our programmes are designed to complement existing teaching provision to support young people as they prepare to take their next steps in education, work or training. We have a strong reputation nationally for alternative education provision, working in partnership with councils, schools and academies. Whether measured in terms of reach, attainment, retention, outcomes or personal development, the SkillForce intervention is cost-effective and beneficial for students, schools and broader society.
We have developed a number of pathways specifically designed to help schools teach employability skills and instil in their students the values, outlook and disciplines required by employers in the workplace.
The SkillForce Prince's Award, offers young people the opportunity to develop the skills and attributes valued by employers and training providers, such as teamwork, leadership, confidence and resilience.
Taking part in a series of practical training activities, participants are then required to put their learning and experience into practice by taking part in a project that will benefit others in their community.
The Princes Award is for young people aged 14-19.
This programme is ideal for:
- Students preparing for GCSEs and Nationals
- Students at key transition points such as the step up to sixth form or college, or on to apprenticeships, university or work
- Students who would benefit from additional support to build confidence and skills
- Young people who would enjoy and learn from taking part in a practical, real-life community project that will have a lasting impact on others.
- BTEC Workskills - L1 or L2 BTEC Active Sport and Leisure L1
- NCFE Uniformed Public Services L1, L2 or L3
- Various ASDAN Qualifications
- Sports Leader Qualifications
- First Aid Qualifications
- OCR Employability Qualifications
Minimum group size: 12
Maximum group size: 15