Skip to main content


Children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities can live some distance away from their education setting and might need help to be able to travel there.  You may be eligible for help with transport if you are a young person yourself, or a parent of a child who:

  • has a Statement of SEN (Special Educational Needs) or an Education, Health and Care Plan, or
  • has a medical condition that affects mobility.

Information in this Transport section of the Local Offer will help you to find out what support may be available to you or your child.  Information is also included for services offered and operated by local travel companies.

For more details visit Newcastle City Council’s SEN Transport page 

Back to top