Information for Schools
Nacro specialises in pastoral support and animals are known for their therapeutic benefits, so what better subject to study than one that will help reduce stress and anxiety, with an organisation with specialised support staff, while obtaining a qualification.
Students can study a Level 1 Award in Animal Care through to Level 2 diploma in Animal Care with the most prestigious awarding body in environmental qualifications City and Guilds.
The course can be used to supplement a student’s academic week for 1 or more days depending on the students and the schools requests and they will have the chance to learn all about small animal care including dietary requirements, maintaining accommodation, health checking and general running of the animal care unit. Maths and English can also be included in the programme.
If you feel any of your students would enjoy the academic and therapeutic benefits animal care would bring then please contact Nacro
- City & Guilds Level One Award, Certificate and Diploma in Land based studies (Animal Care Route)
- City & Guilds Level Two Certificate, Extended certificate and Diploma in Animal Care
- City & Guilds Functional English (Entry Level to Level Two)
- City & Guilds Functional Skills Mathematics (Entry Level to Level Two)
- Excluded young people
- Learner at risk of exclusion
- Learners with disabilities
- Poor attendees
- Pregnant teenagers/Young parents
- Young offenders
Minimum group size: 1
Maximum group size: 10