This is a free, impartial and confidential service. Our website is www.newcastlesendiass.co.uk.
We provide information, advice and support to:
- parents and carers of children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities up to the age of 25 years
We specialise in education matters but can support with social care and health issues that impact on the child or young person’s ability to access education.
Staff are trained and have accurate and up to date knowledge of:
- Education, social care and health law relating to SEND
- National and local policy and practice in meeting SEND
- SEND processes including Tribunal
To find out more
You can read our Service Review or look at some of our case studies.
We can signpost you to other helpful local organisations like Healthwatch Newcastle, Pass it on Parents Newcastle Facebook page and Welfare Rights Newcastle; to national organisations such as Contact, the National Autistic Society and the independent provider of special educational advice, IPSEA.